Professional Development Workshops
PRACTICING EFFECTIVE ALLYSHIP
In an increasingly diverse, multicultural, and multiracial workplace, it is critical for leaders to learn how to become an effective ally. Allyship is an active, consistent, and ongoing practice in which a person holding power or privilege seeks to help in solidarity with a group who may be not have the same power or privilege. Allyship is a lifelong process that requires awareness of privilege, bias, consistent action, and striving for equity and inclusion as one’s own. This interactive session creates awareness on allyship and key strategies for being an effective ally. This includes how to build trust with teams, peers, and supervisors. By challenging participants to broaden their individual perspectives, participants will improve their cultural awareness and scan their environment for opportunities to embrace allyship.
- Understand Allyship and why allyship is important (in and out of the workplace)
- Learn the different types of allyship
- Identify key strategies to practice allyship in order to build an inclusive workforce by understanding your privilege and recognizing your power at work
LEADING WITH AN INTERSECTIONAL LENS
This session provides an understanding of the intentional impact of leading Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with an intersectional lens. Latinos, for example, are also part of the LGBTQ+ community, Black community, among others. The Latinx community represents 27 countries of origin. Each individual has a preference in terms of how they identify in terms of race, gender, culture, ethnicity, and terminology, etc. Research shows that these identities provide additional oppression or discrimination, or privilege. Through data, scenarios, and discussion, this session will help create awareness on intersectionality and our role in an increasingly intersectional workplace and society.
- Activities to reflect on intersectionality and foster inclusivity
- Understand intersectionality and the importance of leading with that lens
- Strategies for leading DEI with an intersectional lens
LATINO DIVERSITY SEMINAR
This session provides an overview on Latino demographics, highlights the diversity of the community, traditional cultural values and norms. It includes data on the HACE annual pulse© survey of Latinx career trends/preferences. This session may be customized to include Latino talent management strategies and best practices.
- Understand the U.S. Hispanic/Latinx Demographic Landscape & Terminology
- Review Cultural Values & Workplace Challenges
- Gain Key Strategies to Build a More Inclusive Workforce
BUILDING EFFECTIVE PARTNERSHIPS & NETWORKS
This workshop provides the tools and resources for participants to establish effective relationships and networks, both in their careers and personal lives. Participants are introduced to tools and resources to expand networking capabilities and develop mentoring strategies.
- Understand the influence of effective relationships in the workplace
- Identify best practices for relationship building across cultures
- Develop a plan of action
INSIGHTS DISCOVERY LEADERSHIP ASSESSMENT & SELF AWARENESS
This session helps individuals walk through the self-discovery process to understand how to become effective as a manager, leader, or contributor. Participants will learn about their individual strengths, possible blind-spots, and best communication practices, all of which will help them perform at their highest level. Participants will learn how to manifest and maximize their leadership capabilities: results leadership, visionary leadership, relationship leadership, and centered leadership. An additional $250 per person for assessment tool.
- Define leadership
- Key to leadership effectiveness
- Establish personal goals
POWER UP COMMUNICATION
Learning successful techniques to manage verbal and written communication will advantageously position participants as they practice them during the program. They will learn tips to manage e-mail, write for impact, and communicate ideas effectively and articulately to all levels in their organizations.
- Understand possible communication preferences and challenges
- Identify best practices for asserting and powering up your communication
- Develop a plan of action
STRENGTHENING YOUR NEGOTIATION & INFLUENCE SKILLS
This workshop gives participants the tools to effectively communicate and influence ideas, practices personal career salary and trajectory, helping to drive career success via this critical business practice.
- Understand the different types of negotiation
- Review the basic phases of negotiation
- Lay the groundwork for preparing successfully
DEVELOPING YOUR PERSONAL BRAND
This workshop guides participants towards gaining a competitive advantage by differentiating themselves based off their strengths. Participants will gain an understanding of the foundations of branding, nature or perceptions, how to manage perceptions, and how to communicate a clear and consistent brand message.
- Examine the importance of personal branding
- Develop a personal brand statement
- Discuss networking best practices
UNLOCKING YOUR EQ POWEr
Emotional Intelligence also known as Emotional Quotient (EQ) is the ability to perceive, identify, and regulate emotions. Having high emotional intelligence can help you become an effective leader in the workplace. This workshop is designed to show individuals how they can regulate their own emotions and handle interpersonal relationships with empathy. By having a better sense of self-awareness and self-management you can increase your social awareness and relationship management skills. As a result, you can learn how to lead effectively and create high performing teams. Are you ready to learn how to unleash your EQ power?
- Define emotional intelligence and understand its importance in leadership
- Identify the emotional intelligence skills leaders need
- Understand how to develop emotional intelligence
- Develop a better sense of self-awareness and self-management to increase social awareness and relationship management
- Learn how to lead effectively by unleashing their EQ powers
NAVIGATING CAREER GROWTH: THE POWER OF MENTORSHIP & SPONSORSHIP
This workshop offers participants the opportunity to delve deep into the nuanced realms of mentorship and sponsorship, understanding their distinctive roles and impact on professional development. Participants will learn tools to establish meaningful mentorship relationships. To elevate their career, participants will also learn how to identify potential sponsors and articulate their value proposition so they can garner the right support for their career trajectory.
- Understand the differences and similarities of mentorship and sponsorship
- Learn the benefits of both for career growth
- Learn tools to establish meaningful mentorship relationships
- Identify potential sponsors
- Articulate your value proposition
OVERCOMING IMPOSTER SYNDROME
Imposter syndrome is a psychological phenomenon that reflects a belief that one is inadequate, incompetent, and/or fraudulent etc. despite evidence of skills, achievements, and/or contributions. This can negatively impact one’s mindset, performance, motivation, and confidence. This workshop is designed to show how individuals can combat and overcome imposter syndrome. By applying effective strategies outlined in this workshop, individuals can lead confidently, authentically, and effectively.
- Identify the costs of imposter syndrome
- Learn and apply Strategies for Overcoming Imposter Syndrome to lead confidently, authentically, and effectively
- Define Imposter Syndrome
- Recognize Imposter Types
- Understand the neuroscience behind Imposter Syndrome